Chapel of St Therese of Lisieux
On a large mound to the right of the Lourdes shrine stands the Chapel of St Therese, the Little Flower.
The elevated glass Chapel, known as the Miriam Chapel, was one of the first features of the Grotto and was where many of the processions ended, usually with Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, before the erection of the Maid of the Seas Glass Chapel.
In recent years the Chapel has been renovated with new glass, flooring and furnishings and in 2014 was dedicated to St Therese.
Found within the Chapel of St Therese are a beautiful reliquary of the Saint, along with a sketched drawing gifted to Canon Thomas Taylor, founder of the Grotto, in the 1920's by the blood-sisters of St Therese, before which he prayed everyday. On the left of the Altar there is also a new statue of St Therese which was gifted by parishoners and visitors to the Grotto.